Temporary Facility Hours:
Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
Saturdays from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
• Members only for individual workouts age 16 and older.
• No guests or reciprocity check-ins from other YMCAs.
AREAS OF THE Y OPEN TO MEMBERS (Temporary Until June 14th, 2020)
• Both gymnasiums
• Lap Pool
• Warm Therapy Pool
• Weight Room
• Cardio Room
• Walking Track
• Men’s Genesis Center (Lockers, showers and restrooms only)
• Women’s Genesis Center (Lockers, showers and restrooms only)
• Locker Rooms
GENERAL FACILITY GUIDELINES
1. Vulnerable Employees and Members – Those 65 and over and individuals with identified high-risk medical conditions are particularly vulnerable to corona virus. This vulnerable population is STRONGLY encouraged to stay at home.
2. Active encouragement of regular hand-washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, particularly at key times. Hand sanitizer of at least 60 percent alcohol will be available if soap and water are not available. Signs will be located in all restrooms and throughout the facility.
3. Sick individuals will not be permitted entrance into our Y facility. We recommend that all members and staff who are symptomatic remain home.
4. Health assessments and temperature screenings will be used and
enforced for all employees and members before entry to the YMCA of Vincennes. Any member or staff with a temperature of 99.9 or above will not be allowed in the facility. Use of social distancing and/or physical barriers will be used to protect individuals conducting the screening.
5. Health Screening Forms will be signed by members and employees after health assessment and entry to our facility. Forms will be kept on file.
6. Staff will wear face coverings (e.g. masks, scarfs, surgical masks)
7. 6-foot social distancing will be maintained throughout the entire building.
8. All water fountains will be closed. Guests will be encouraged to bring their own drinks and towels.
9. Workplace cleaning plans will be put in place.
10. Facility Plans for Positive COVID-19 Cases – The YMCA of Vincennes will comply with our local health department and follow CDC guidelines to monitor COVID-19 cases and deep clean our facility.
MODIFICATIONS TO OUR FACILITY PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
Capacities of areas will be dictated by social distancing guidelines. The YMCA of Vincennes will be operating at a 50% Capacity in the beginning. Please log into your member account to check building capacity.
o Gyms: 12 people per gym, 6 in each half. No pick-up games allowed. Individual play only.
o Pools: 6 people per pool. 1 in each swimming lane. Lap Swim and Warm Therapy Pools available by appointment only. Please email: email@example.com.
o Cardio Room: Max of 12 people in cardio room practicing social distancing and using every other machine. (Machines will be marked off.)
o Weight Room: Max of 13 people allowed. Social distancing enforced along with cleaning of equipment. No spotting allowed. Individual workouts only.
o Walking Track: Max of 12 members only. Social distancing enforced. No runners allowed on track during the first 2 weeks.
o Social Areas (Snack areas and Lobby): Social distancing will be enforced. Any tables in the areas will be spaced apart and will have limited seating to comply with social distancing practices.
o Pickleball: Pickleball games will be allowed for members only, two days a week, by appointment only, in Gym number 2.
Members will be able to reserve a court once a week to allow others access to play. Each group will keep the same 4 players (no switching with other members) throughout the games. The gym divider will be down to further enforce social distancing guidelines.
Times available to reserve slots will be every Tuesday and Thursday from:
9:00 am – 9:45 am
10:00 am – 10:45 am
11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Please email Bill Davis at: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment for Pickleball. *Please list all 4 players that will be on the court.
FRONT DESK CHECK IN
• Plexiglas shields will be in place at the front desk protecting front desk staff.
• New signage will be available directing members through the new check-in process.
• Separate entrance and exit areas will be sectioned off for ease of checking in or out of the facility.
• Access to the facility will be monitored and members and staff will be screened upon entering the building. (Temperature checks, verbal questionnaire completed. (e.g., fever, cough, shortness of breath) Members will be required to sign off upon completion of this wellness screening.
• Members will be required to self-scan (touch-less) into the YMCA or verbally communicate from proper social distance.
• Visual cues will be used to separate those waiting in line (e.g., tape on the floor)
• Front Desk staff will be required to wear masks.
• Touch-less payment systems will be encouraged and used as much as possible. Hand sanitizer will be available.
• 6-foot social distancing will be maintained throughout the building.
• Group exercise classes will not be available at first, but we will continue to provide virtual content that can be done at home at members convenience. (Group exercise will be re-evaluated and re-instituted once deemed safe to do so.)
• Child Watch, the Gymnastic Center and other social areas will not be available in first phase of reopening.
• Facilities will be open to members only in initial reopen phase. No guest passes will be provided. Situation will be re-evaluated during phase 4 of Back on Track Indiana.
Bettye J. McCormick Senior Center Guidelines
The long-awaited re-opening is upon us. if you are like me, you can’t wait to get back and return to a somewhat normal routine. Well, we have great news. The YMCA Bettye J. McCormick Center is moving toward a three-phase reopening beginning on June 1, 2020.
In this three-phase program, the adult day service center will open first. Thirty days later (July 1), the congregate site (those who are more mobile in the community) will return and thirty days after that we will open the facility for visitors.
There will be some changes to our daily programming for at least the first two months after re-opening. Below is a list of some of the things that you may find different:
• All persons coming to the center will be pre-screened at the door. If you have a temp over 99.9 or are showing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, you will not be allowed in the building. A call will be made to your caregiver for pick up. So, if you are not feeling well, we advise you stay home until you are feeling better.
• Staff will wear appropriate PPE while working in proximity with clients.
• You will not be required to wear a mask, but please feel free to if you want to.
• No outside bags will be allowed in center at this time.
• No outside drink containers will be allowed in the center. We will supply disposables for all meals and drinks.
• Public water fountains and drink stations will be closed. Coffee, tea and water will always be on hand for the clients. Served by staff only.
• Main auditorium will be open at specific times with only 4 persons to a table. Auditorium will be closed at 1 daily for deep cleaning.
• Social distancing will be maintained in common areas and hallways.
• Clients will be in one of three distinct groups with a designated staff who will assist you in activities that will be staggered to reduce contact and help with the sanitizing process.
• During this time and until further notice roaming throughout the building will be prohibited due to the stringent sanitizing procedure in place. Some areas such as the computer room, exercise, theater will either be closed or open only with your designated staff.
• Frequent hand-washing and sanitizing will be encouraged.
We hope you will work with us as we work together to keep everyone happy and healthy.
Nola Davis, Director