WELCOME BACK! WE MISSED YOU!
NOTE: Per the Governors mandate, the senior center congregate activities will be closed beginning Monday, November 16th, 2020. However, the adult day services will remain open.
CURRENT FACILITY GUIDELINES
The long-awaited re-opening is upon us. if you are like me, you can’t wait to get back and return to a somewhat normal routine. Well, we have great news. The YMCA Bettye J. McCormick Center is moving toward a three-phase reopening beginning on June 1, 2020.
In this three-phase program, the adult day service center will open first. Thirty days later (July 1), the congregate site (those who are more mobile in the community) will return and thirty days after that we will open the facility for visitors.
There will be some changes to our daily programming for at least the first two months after re-opening. Below is a list of some of the things that you may find different:
• All persons coming to the center will be pre-screened at the door. If you have a temp over 99.9 or are showing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, you will not be allowed in the building. A call will be made to your caregiver for pick up. So, if you are not feeling well, we advise you stay home until you are feeling better.
• Staff will wear appropriate PPE while working in proximity with clients.
• You will not be required to wear a mask, but please feel free to if you want to.
• No outside bags will be allowed in center at this time.
• No outside drink containers will be allowed in the center. We will supply disposables for all meals and drinks.
• Public water fountains and drink stations will be closed. Coffee, tea and water will always be on hand for the clients. Served by staff only.
• Main auditorium will be open at specific times with only 4 persons to a table. Auditorium will be closed at 1 daily for deep cleaning.
• Social distancing will be maintained in common areas and hallways.
• Clients will be in one of three distinct groups with a designated staff who will assist you in activities that will be staggered to reduce contact and help with the sanitizing process.
• During this time and until further notice roaming throughout the building will be prohibited due to the stringent sanitizing procedure in place. Some areas such as the computer room, exercise, theater will either be closed or open only with your designated staff.
• Frequent hand-washing and sanitizing will be encouraged.
We hope you will work with us as we work together to keep everyone happy and healthy.
Nola Davis, Director
Adult Day Service
Keep your independence. The Y is here to help you or your loved ones do just that. At the YMCA Bettye J. McCormick Senior Center, our Adult Day Services program provides daily care for older adults based on individual needs. We have a registered nurse on staff and we provide transportation. Contact Nola Davis at (812) 882 2285.
Every Day at the Center
Recreation at the Center
Stay active and connected with Senior Center programs, services and clubs including bingo, computers, crafts, euchre, sewing, travel, crochet, exercise, scrap-booking and hand bell choir.
A full-service shop open to the public for your woodworking needs and repairs. Custom-built pieces are available. The shop is open Mon.-Fri., 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. for ages 60+ to work on their projects and hobbies.
2009 Prospect Avenue
Vincennes, IN 47591
P 812 882 2285
F 812 316 0386
Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Learn more about the YMCA Bettye J. McCormick Senior Center
Our YMCA Bettye J. McCormick Senior Center offers social, cultural, recreational, nutritional and educational programs for older adults. Visit us or call (812) 882 2285 to learn how we can help you stay connected and remain independent. Check out our monthly newsletter.
To learn more about services available in Knox County visit Generations website.