All Volunteers and Y Staff
Upon arrival at the YMCA of Vincennes, all volunteers, coaches and staff will complete a temperature check and respond to the health screening questions.
Players will complete temperature checks and guardians of players will be required to answer the health screening questions at the time of arrival.
Everyone coming into the YMCA of Vincennes is required to wear a mask. All spectators will be required to wear a mask
- Coaches (required to wear a mask at all times)
- Family Members
- YMCA Staff
- Participants will wear masks when completing skills and fundamental drills when physical exertion is low
- Participants are encouraged to wear the masks when involved in full game play on the basketball court
- Participants will be required to re-mask when the physical exertion required has diminished.
- Participants are encouraged to wear the masks at all times.
Staff and Coaches
- Staff and coaches are required to wear a mask at all times.
Social Distancing and Spacing (Players, Coaches, Volunteers, Spectators and Families)
- Maintaining the six foot social distancing guidelines must be adhered to.
- Families and spectators must self-monitor in order to make sure they are complying with the six foot social distancing guidelines.
- Spectator seating is designated along the outside of the basketball court.
- There will be limited amount of seating available.
Game Play Protocol
- No shaking hands
- Participants will not give physical high fives or other physical positive reinforcement contact with other participants or coaches.
- End of practice or recognition of a skill or behavior done well will be recognized with air high fives or with positive verbal acknowledgement.
- The cleaning and disinfecting of equipment will be completed prior to and at the end of all games/practices.
- Basketballs will be wiped down prior to and after use.
- The “Game ball” will be declared prior to game and will be wiped down before the game, after each quarter, and after the game has ended.
- Coaches, volunteers, staff and players are to wash hands prior to the start of games and practice.
- We encourage participants to bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer.
- Participants will sanitize their hands prior to and post playing in games.
Food and Water Bottles
- Participants are to stay home if not feeling well.
- Participants are encouraged to bring and be responsible for their own water bottles.
*Please Note: Policies are subject to change per direction from the Knox County Health Department or any local mandates.